The Coaching Program is currently in transition. Please check back later for more information.
Coaching for Personal & Professional Development
The Women’s Resource Center’s Professional Development Coaching program will help women address their own ongoing social, economic and professional needs as they relate to their roles at work, at home, and in the community. The program will provide them with one-on-one coaching assistance to help them make decisions and take action steps that will lead them towards individual success and a balanced life. The program will:
- Help clients identify their strengths, weaknesses, career and/or entrepreneurial interests,
- Help clients set personal, career, and/or business goals,
- Help clients identify the resources they need and action steps they must take to realize those goals,
- Support clients as they take those action steps by setting deadlines and holding them accountable to meet those deadlines,
- Celebrate with clients as they complete actions steps and realize their goals.
Individuals interested in applying for the career and life coaching program need to turn in their application to the Women’s Resource Center. Once a client is accepted into the WRC coaching program, WRC is committed to aligning the client to the appropriate coach who will meet with them for six sessions. Please know an established process is in place to support the commitment.
Download a Coaching Application & Readiness form here.
What is Coaching?
- Coaching helps clarify what you want to do and what may be next
- It often opens you up to exploring opportunities you didn’t know existed
- It can help you identify your strengths and how to use them
- It can provide support and tools for the transition you’re experiencing in your life right now
- Working with a coach allows you to take a step back and asses your strengths and weaknesses through an outside, unbiased lens
- The program allows you to grow in a forward direction through self-assessment and understanding
- The program can help you develop your own set of tools and practices for success, and is a low- cost investment for lifelong lessons
- A professional coach guides you in the discovery of your personal and professional aspirations and the assets and road blocks in getting there.
- Outcomes of coaching often involve: increased work-life balance, improved communication skills and increased productivity
Barbara has been with the WRC professional coaching program since its inception in 2013. She is passionate about humans being vibrant, empowered, and steeped in inner wisdom during their lifetime. Barbara is truly honored to be in community with the WRC and in the delightful company with the other WRC professional coaches. Barbara is the sole proprietor of Studio Me Unlimited x9, LLC. She has been in the field of coaching since 2004 and in related fields before 2004. Barbara has a Masters Degree in Adult Education and is a graduate of the Deep Coaching Institute, an advanced coaching school. She is a lifelong learner and continues with courses in the coaching field and related fields. You can find more about Barbara on Linked-In.
Barbara can provide coaching to many of the topics, situations, or issues clients want to address. She builds a safe and compassionate coaching relationship with the client which allows the client to explore their topic(s) fully along with connecting the exploration to the client’s personality and self-growth terrain. Coaching unfolds differently for every client, so Barbara uses diversified coaching and presence-based methodologies along with various effective self-development tools and techniques. Barbara introduces you to yourself so you can know how your emotions, beliefs, and habited behavioral strategies might be playing a role in the coaching topic(s). This approach allows the client to access their limitless capacity for sustainable, life-long self-mastery to navigate everything that matters at work and personally.
Barbara looks forward to being with you during your coaching journey!
- Perhaps you want to transform the relationship you have with yourself; enhance your personality; discover your divine brilliance.
- Perhaps you want to transform the relationship you have with habited behavior; perhaps you would like to inhabit more ease or feeling more content; more authentic.
- Perhaps you want to transform the relationship you have with a mate, siblings or other family members, friends, co-workers.
- Perhaps you want to transform your relationship with money or finances
- Perhaps you want to understand how your health and wellness desires get hindered
- Perhaps you want to discover what is truly joyful to you and how to move toward experiencing the joy.
- Perhaps you want to transform the relationship you have with your job or people at your workplace
- Perhaps you want to discover what’s next in your line of work or career
- Perhaps you want to consider entrepreneurship
- Perhaps you want to be a more effective and successful leader
- Perhaps you want your business partnership to be stronger or more collaborative
- Perhaps you want to get ready to retire or to reshape your retirement
Tonya Ensign co-founded the WRC Professional Coaching Program in 2013 and was one of the inaugural coaches in the program. Since then, the program has served women throughout La Plata county by assisting them as they move toward professional fulfillment and success. Tonya has also served on the WRC Board of Directors, as President of the Board, and on several WRC committees the past 10 years.
Personally, Tonya has been an executive coach and organizational development consultant via her consulting business, emagine, llc, since 1997. She has personally coached over 500 clients and worked with over 200 organizations. In addition to being a Certified Personal and Executive Coach through the College of Executive Coaching, she is also a Certified Positive Psychology and Wellbeing Coach. Her coaching programs are accredited by the International Coaching Federation and she has been a member since 2007. Tonya’s undergraduate degrees are in Finance, International Business and German language; her Master’s degree is in Organizational Development; and she is currently conducting research for her Ph.D. in Global Leadership and Change.
Tonya’s holistic approach to coaching starts with creating a customized program for her client’s coaching needs and desired outcomes. She provides a space for growth and awareness as clients navigate transition while remaining aligned with their authentic self. Her many years of operational experience combined with over two decades of lived experience as an entrepreneur differentiate her as a coach. Her method balances theory with practical application. She specializes in career transition coaching, leadership development coaching, and entrepreneurial coaching.