The Women’s Resource Center provides information, referrals, and services that enhance women’s knowledge about different aspects of entrepreneurship and that help build skills to improve the success of their ventures. The Women’s Foundation of Colorado is a proud supporter of WRC’s small business services.
Small Business Consultations
On the third Friday of each month, WRC offers one-hour consultations with a representative from the Small Business Development Center at Fort Lewis College for women who need advice on starting their own businesses. Appointments are for women who have a definite business idea and specific questions. Consultations are on a first-come, first-served basis and pre-registration is required. Call 247-1242 or come by the office for more information.
Business Plan Development
A business plan is essential before starting your business. It will help you focus on your product or service, your niche in the community, your competition, how to forecast expenses and revenues, and more. The Small Business Development Center at Fort Lewis College can help or you can access sample business plans at these links:
- Colorado Small Business Development Center at FLC, 970-247-7009
- Region 9 Economic Development District, 970-247-9621
- U.S. Small Business Administration, 303-844-2607, ext. 223
- Count Me In for Women’s Economic Independence
Networking with Other Women Professionals
The Women’s Resource Center collaborates with other organizations in the community to support and promote networking opportunities for women professionals:
- Professional Women’s Network of Durango: This free network of professional women in Durango creates an environment where women can connect, grow and inspire each other to reach new levels of success. Through networking, presentations, lectures, speakers, events and volunteering, their goal is to connect women in Durango to do remarkable things and exceed all of their goals. For more information on how to get involved, contact Jessika Buell at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the PWN website.