Men Who Grill 2018
Now in its 15th year, Men Who Grill has become a community summertime staple where attendees sample everything from wild boar ribs and pork belly sliders to chicken wings and beer brats. It’s a time of family, fun, and good ‘ol fashioned grilling competition.
- Date: Saturday, June 9th
- Time: 11:00am-2:30pm
- Location: Buckley Park
Team Registration – Interested in competing in this year’s Men Who Grill Competition? We have room for up to 15 teams for this event and we’re already receiving registrations. Click here for your team registration. Registration deadline is Friday, May 18.
Volunteering – As with all of our fundraisers, this competition is made possible by the generous community members who volunteer their time. If you’d like to volunteer for this family friendly event, contact Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets – Admission at the gate is $25 for adults, $10 for children 5-12, and FREE for children under 5. Tickets can be purchased in advanced for only $20 at the following locations beginning Wednesday, May 2.
- Women’s Resource Center, 679 E 2nd Ave, Unit 6, Durango
- Maria’s Bookshop, 960 Main Ave, Durango
Online at wrcdurango.org(available beginning May 2)
- Or by calling 970-247-1242
Men Who Grill 2017
Last year’s big winners included Honeyville and Honeyhouse Distillers who won Judge’s Choice for their sliders and meatballs, and La Plata Family Medicine who won the coveted People’s Choice Award for their smoked beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce. The Kirk James Blues Band entertained the crowd throughout the day while Steamworks served their classic cold brews to combat the early summer heat.
Thank you to everyone who came out on Saturday to make the day such a success and congrats to all our grill teams who put forth their time, energy and resources to make the day so memorable for everyone involved.
This year’s awards are as follows….
- Best Chicken – Kogan Builders / Durango Homebuilders Association
- Best Pork – Purgatory
- Best Meat – La Plata Family Medicine
- Best Theme – Durango Motor Company
- Best Cuisine – Wagon Wheel Liquors
- Most Creative – Backcountry Experience
- Grilling Under the Influence – Armadillo Storage
- Kings of the Grill (most consistent year after year) – 99X Durango’s Hit Music Station
- Best Dessert – St. Elijah’s Orthodox Church
- Ladies Choice – Armadillo Storage
- Judge’s Choice – Honeyville & Honeyhouse Distillers
- People’s Choice – La Plata Family Medicine
This year’s Men Who Grill was presented by Durango Motor Company, your local Ford, Kia, Lincoln and Toyota dealership at 1200 Carbon Junction in Durango. Not only are they the event’s presenting sponsor; they also compete in the event and have provided award-winning food for the last several years.