2019 Competition Results:
- People’s Choice – Honeyville & Honeyhouse Distillary: bbq pig wings, bacon wrapped shrimp, honey bananas foster, honey whiskey colada
- Judge’s Choice – Manna: apricot chili glazed taco
- Best Cuisine – Manna: apricot chili glazed taco
- Ladies’ Choice – Reynolds, Ash & Associates: carne asada
- Best Theme/Costumes – Backcountry Experience: homemade hot dogs
- Best Meat – VFW Post 4031: pork shoulder butt, beef brisket
- Best Chicken – Blackbear Carpet Cleaning: spicy chicken wrapped in peppers
- Best Pork – Atmos Energy: pork belly
- Best Beef – Auto Care Colorado / Napa Auto Center: tri-tip Navajo beef sliders
- Most Creative – 99X & The Point: chicken green chili, salsa verde, beef bbq
- Best Dessert – Honeyville & Honeyhouse Distillary: bbq pig wings, bacon wrapped shrimp, honey bananas foster, honey whiskey colada
- Best Side Dish – Durango Cannabis Co.: candied carrot wrapped in bacon, smoked pork meatballs with apple chutney, macadamia nuts rolled in chocolate & coconut
- Best Use of Local Products – Armadillo Storage: chicken sausage sandwich, watermelon salad
Men Who Grill: Durango’s premier summer kick-off event, Men Who Grill, is back again for the 16th year happening on Saturday, June 15th from 11:00 am – 2:30 pm at Buckley Park in Durango. This family-friendly event features all-you-can-eat grilled creations, live music from the Kirk James Blues Band and beer from Steamworks Brewing. Men Who Grill is a fundraiser for the Women’s Resource Center in Durango which creates personal, social and professional growth opportunities for women and girls in La Plata County, serving some 1,600 individuals annually. Food will be judged by a panel of local judges and festival attendees will vote for their favorite team dish in the highly competitive People’s Choice category. Teams are also encouraged to dress up in costumes and decorate their booth with prizes for Best Theme/Décor.
Sponsor the Event: Would you like to sponsor this event? Click here for a list of sponsorship levels, and contact Kelly DiGiacomo to lock your sponsorship of Men Who Grill 2019 in. Kelly can be reached at 970-946-3130 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grilling Teams: Put your grilling skills to work! Whether you’re looking to promote your club, organization or business, Men Who Grill is a great place to showcase your culinary skills in front of upwards of 600 attendees, all the while giving back to a local nonprofit. Registration to compete in the event is free. Teams supply their own grills and food to serve. Click here for a team registration form. For more information contact Kelly DiGiacomo at 970-946-3130 or at email@example.com.
Tickets – Admission at the gate is $25 for adults, $10 for children 5-12, and FREE for children under 5. Tickets can be purchased in advance for only $20 at the following locations beginning Friday, May 10.
- Women’s Resource Center, 679 E 2nd Ave, Unit 6, Durango
- Bank of Colorado (main branch), 1199 Main Ave, Durango
- Maria’s Bookshop, 960 Main Ave, Durango
- Backcountry Experience, 1205 Camino Del Rio, Durango
- By clicking on the ADVANCE TICKETS icon to the right
Many Thanks to our 2019 Sponsors!
Thanks to these supporters, too!