SAVE THE DATE – Saturday, June 12, 2021
Men Who Grill: Durango’s premier summer kick-off event, Men Who Grill, is back again for the 18th year! Due to coronavirus, the event will be held in people’s backyards, neighborhoods and places of business. Men Who Grill is a fundraiser for the Women’s Resource Center in Durango which creates personal, social and professional growth opportunities for women and girls in La Plata County, serving some 1,600 individuals annually. Food will be judged by a panel of local judges.
Please follow the most current Social Distancing Rules around gathering friends and family at your home, neighborhood, or place of business. We are not encouraging parties or gatherings larger than what the CDC, Governor Polis and/or San Juan Basin Public Health is recommending at the time of the event.
Grilling Teams: Put your grilling skills to work! Grilling teams can grill on their property, neighborhood or place of business. We encourage participating teams to create drive-thru/walk-up areas for community members to safely taste their grilling creations and donate to Women’s Resource Center, if appropriate and possible. Gas, charcoal and smokers are all accepted. Teams supply their own grills and food to serve. Click here for a team registration form. For more information contact Kelly DiGiacomo at 970-946-3130 or at email@example.com.
Donate to Your Favorite Team: A fundraiser is successful when it raises funds for a good cause. Since Men Who Grill will be held at various locations this year due to the pandemic, we hope you will donate by sponsoring a team! Click here to donate to your favorite team!
Join in the “BBQ Crawl”: If you won’t be competing in the grilling competition, we encourage you to gather your friends for a “BBQ Crawl” and travel to team locations to taste the deliciousness! Revisit this webpage as June 12, 2021 nears for more info on team locations.
Sponsor the Event: Would you like to sponsor this event? Click here for a list of sponsorship levels, and contact Kelly DiGiacomo to lock in your sponsorship of Men Who Grill 2021. Kelly can be reached at 970-946-3130 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MWG 2021 Sponsors
MWG 2020 – AT HOME!!!
MWG 2020 Competition Results! The 17th annual Men Who Grill competition winners are:
- Most Money Raised: Edgemont Ranch-Monarch Crest Chill’n and Grill’n “Brisket, ribs, & chicken”
- People’s Choice: 99X-The Grilling Dutchmen “Surf & Turf”
- Judges Choice: Edgemont Ranch-Monarch Crest Chill’n and Grill’n “Brisket, ribs, & chicken”
- Best Meat: Armadillo Storage-The Smokin’ Armadillos Fiesta Corona “Carne Asada & Adovada Street Tacos”
- Best Seafood: Backcountry Experience “Spanish Paella”
- Best Pork: Huff Architecture-Bushwood’s Finest “Pork Belly Sliders”
- Best Beef: Black Bear Carpet Cleaning “Beef Tenderloin”
- Best Dessert: 92.9 The Point-The Meat Puppets “Toffee Mocha Brownie”
- Most Creative: Manna-Dan Bergmen & Team Manna “Smoked Goose with Jicama Slaw and Mint Aioli”.
- Best Presentation: 99X-The Grilling Dutchmen “Surf & Turf”
- Best Social Distancing: Edgemont Ranch-Monarch Crest Chill’n and Grill’n “Brisket, ribs, & chicken”
MWG 2020 Sponsors
2019 Competition Results:
- People’s Choice – Honeyville & Honeyhouse Distillary: bbq pig wings, bacon wrapped shrimp, honey bananas foster, honey whiskey colada
- Judge’s Choice – Manna: apricot chili glazed taco
- Best Cuisine – Manna: apricot chili glazed taco
- Ladies’ Choice – Reynolds, Ash & Associates: carne asada
- Best Theme/Costumes – Backcountry Experience: homemade hot dogs
- Best Meat – VFW Post 4031: pork shoulder butt, beef brisket
- Best Chicken – Blackbear Carpet Cleaning: spicy chicken wrapped in peppers
- Best Pork – Atmos Energy: pork belly
- Best Beef – Auto Care Colorado / Napa Auto Center: tri-tip Navajo beef sliders
- Most Creative – 99X & The Point: chicken green chili, salsa verde, beef bbq
- Best Dessert – Honeyville & Honeyhouse Distillary: bbq pig wings, bacon wrapped shrimp, honey bananas foster, honey whiskey colada
- Best Side Dish – Durango Cannabis Co.: candied carrot wrapped in bacon, smoked pork meatballs with apple chutney, macadamia nuts rolled in chocolate & coconut
- Best Use of Local Products – Armadillo Storage: chicken sausage sandwich, watermelon salad
Many Thanks to our 2019 Sponsors!