MWG 2023 – 20th Anniversary!
Saturday, June 17
Durango’s premier summer kick-off event, Men Who Grill, is back again for its 20th Anniversary! Men Who Grill is a fundraiser for the Women’s Resource Center in Durango which creates personal, social and professional growth opportunities for women and girls in La Plata County, serving 1,300 individuals annually.
This family-friendly event will be held in Buckley Park with live music and delicious creations cooked to perfection by our competitive barbecue grilling teams. Food will be judged by a panel of local judges, with the coveted “People’s Choice Award” voted on by attendees, like YOU!
Competition is steep, the food will delight your taste buds, and the Kirk James Band’s live music will have you dancing in the park! Men Who Grill has been known to deliver everything from Pork Belly Sliders and Smoked Goose with Jicama Slaw & Mint Aioli, to Toffee Mocha Brownies and Cream Cheese Blackberry Tamales. Is your mouth watering? Get your tickets now!
Tickets: Consider buying tickets for your whole family, your team of co-workers, or your group of close friends. Click here to buy tickets online!
Grilling Teams: Put your grilling skills to work! Gas grills only. Teams supply their own grills and food to serve. Click here for the registration form. For more information contact Olivia de Pablo at 970-247-1242 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor the Event: Would you like to sponsor this event? Click here for a list of sponsorship levels, and contact Olivia de Pablo to lock in your sponsorship of Men Who Grill 2023. Olivia can be reached at 970-247-1242 or at email@example.com.
MWG 2023 Sponsors
Men Who Grill History – See Below!
Men Who Grill – 2022
MWG 2022 Competition Results! The 19th annual Men Who Grill competition winners are:
- People’s Choice Award – Honeyville (Buzz Brothers) & Bank of Colorado
- Judge’s Choice Award – Backcountry Experience
- Best Theme – American General Media (3 Wing Circus)
- Best Meat – Napa Autocare
- Best Chicken – American General Media (3 Wing Circus)
- Best Pork – Durango Cannabis
- Most Creative – Backcountry Experience
- Best Dessert –Honeyville (Buzz Brothers) & Bank of Colorado
- Best use of local product – American General Media (3 Wing Circus)
- Best Spirit – Armadillo Storage & Four Corners Community Bank
MWG 2022 was held on Saturday, June 11
Men Who Grill – 2021
MWG 2021 Competition Results! The 18th annual Men Who Grill competition winners are:
- People’s Choice: Huff Architecture – Most Money Raised
- Judges Choice: Backcountry Experience – Used 99% Local Products from Local Farms
- Best Meat: Huff Architecture – Carne Asada Street Taco with pico and sea salt grilled tortillas
- Best Dessert: Backcountry Experience – Hand-Ground Blue Corn Tamales filled with cream cheese, honey and blackberry jam
- Most Creative: 99X & the Point – Gator Burger with Quail Egg Slider, Black Bear with Wagyu Beef Slider
MWG 2021 Sponsors
MWG 2020 – AT HOME!!!
MWG 2020 Competition Results! The 17th annual Men Who Grill competition winners are:
- Most Money Raised: Edgemont Ranch-Monarch Crest Chill’n and Grill’n “Brisket, ribs, & chicken”
- People’s Choice: 99X-The Grilling Dutchmen “Surf & Turf”
- Judges Choice: Edgemont Ranch-Monarch Crest Chill’n and Grill’n “Brisket, ribs, & chicken”
- Best Meat: Armadillo Storage-The Smokin’ Armadillos Fiesta Corona “Carne Asada & Adovada Street Tacos”
- Best Seafood: Backcountry Experience “Spanish Paella”
- Best Pork: Huff Architecture-Bushwood’s Finest “Pork Belly Sliders”
- Best Beef: Black Bear Carpet Cleaning “Beef Tenderloin”
- Best Dessert: 92.9 The Point-The Meat Puppets “Toffee Mocha Brownie”
- Most Creative: Manna-Dan Bergmen & Team Manna “Smoked Goose with Jicama Slaw and Mint Aioli”.
- Best Presentation: 99X-The Grilling Dutchmen “Surf & Turf”
- Best Social Distancing: Edgemont Ranch-Monarch Crest Chill’n and Grill’n “Brisket, ribs, & chicken”
MWG 2020 Sponsors
2019 Competition Results:
- People’s Choice – Honeyville & Honeyhouse Distillary: bbq pig wings, bacon wrapped shrimp, honey bananas foster, honey whiskey colada
- Judge’s Choice – Manna: apricot chili glazed taco
- Best Cuisine – Manna: apricot chili glazed taco
- Ladies’ Choice – Reynolds, Ash & Associates: carne asada
- Best Theme/Costumes – Backcountry Experience: homemade hot dogs
- Best Meat – VFW Post 4031: pork shoulder butt, beef brisket
- Best Chicken – Blackbear Carpet Cleaning: spicy chicken wrapped in peppers
- Best Pork – Atmos Energy: pork belly
- Best Beef – Auto Care Colorado / Napa Auto Center: tri-tip Navajo beef sliders
- Most Creative – 99X & The Point: chicken green chili, salsa verde, beef bbq
- Best Dessert – Honeyville & Honeyhouse Distillary: bbq pig wings, bacon wrapped shrimp, honey bananas foster, honey whiskey colada
- Best Side Dish – Durango Cannabis Co.: candied carrot wrapped in bacon, smoked pork meatballs with apple chutney, macadamia nuts rolled in chocolate & coconut
- Best Use of Local Products – Armadillo Storage: chicken sausage sandwich, watermelon salad
Many Thanks to our 2019 Sponsors!