Come to the Women’s Resource Center for information and applications for:
- LEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program): assistance with utility bills
- Womenade: one-time financial assistance to La Plata County residents in need.
- CEAC (Community Emergency Assistance Coalition): one-time emergency financial assistance to prevent homelessness.
- EOC (Energy Outreach Colorado): assistance with past due heating bills.
- gas and grocery cards, bus passes, prescription assistance, thrift store vouchers.
***Vouchers at Manna are offered on a first come first served basis on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from
8am – 11 am.***
Lifeline–Telephone bill assistance
- Provides discounts on monthly telephone service for eligible low-income subscribers.
Administers a variety of programs offering a public assistance to women, children, elderly, disabled and low-income residents, including TANF, food stamps and subsidized childcare.
Social Security Online
970-247-3128 in Durango
1-800-772-1213 for 24-hour access to recorded information and services
Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS)/Money Management International (MMI)
Offers debt consolidation and repayment programs; financial, credit and budget counseling.
Credit Reporting Agencies
Contact information for the three primary credit reporting companies.