Women’s Resource Center provides assistance and educational programming to over 1,400 women and girls each year.
Mission Statement: The Women’s Resource Center advocates for the personal empowerment and economic self-sufficiency of women and girls in La Plata County.
Vision Statement: A future where ALL women and girls have the opportunity to thrive.
The Women’s Resource Center values a woman’s right to:
- Food, shelter and access to health care
- Physical and emotional safety
- Economic self-sufficiency
- Workplace equality
- Reproductive choice
- A voice in policy
- A supportive community
The Women’s Resource Center is an organization that:
- Collaborates and builds partnerships
- Provides leadership on women’s issues
- Advocates for individuals
- Brings women together