Since opening in 1987, the Center has grown from helping 200 women in our first year to expanding the scope of our services and programs to assist more than a thousand women and girls annually.
- For women and families in crisis or transition, we provide a road map of resources to help them reach a place of emotional and financial stability.
- For small business owners, we provide the supports necessary for those businesses to be successful.
- For girls, we provide the tools and resources necessary to make thoughtful decisions about their futures.
- For women of all ages, the Center is a place to make connections and life-long friends.
During 2012, the Women’s Resource Center provided assistance and educational programming to more than 2,000 women and girls in La Plata County.
Mission Statement: The Women’s Resource Center advocates for the personal empowerment and economic self-sufficiency of women and girls in La Plata County.
The Women’s Resource Center values a woman’s right to:
- Food, shelter and access to health care
- Physical and emotional safety
- Economic self-sufficiency
- Workplace equality
- Reproductive choice
- A voice in policy
- A supportive community
The Women’s Resource Center is an organization that:
- Collaborates and builds partnerships
- Provides leadership on women’s issues
- Advocates for individuals
- Brings women together